Monday, December 23, 2013

Day 1: Eating... Meh...

This weekend I began my meal prep. After spending $179.96 on groceries, I realized I hadn't quite bought enough for the week's worth of food. Oh yeah, it's that bad. So out of my 7 daily meals, I still need to prep 2.5 for each day.

Bad Timing...

Plus I chose a terrible week to begin. I mean hello, it's Christmas in just two days. In fact, as I sit here tying this, there's a cup of coffee on my desk, a gift of 6 homemade cookies from a coworker and two Starbucks gift cards. My mom is bringing some white potates covered with cheese and a TON of butter to the house tomorrow night for our Johnson family Christmas... and then some. In fact, my parents don't cook a single thing without at least one stick of butter in it. (That's southern cooking for ya!)

Path Forward

So now what? Today hasn't been terrible. I've eaten pretty healthy and added a lot more protein to my diet today. It's kept me ridiculously full of course... I can't imagine how I'm going to eat 7 meals a day but I remember doing it once getting the routine down. I've certainly not stuck straight with my diet. Crossing my fingers for tomorrow, but since I am 16 weeks away from the show and these are the holidays, I don't think I'm going to be too hard on myself yet with my food intake.

No comments:

Post a Comment