Thursday, May 8, 2014

Confessions of a Junkie

I totally love sugar.  And I miss it. I mean let's just get honest for a bit here... my hips are naturally wide because I love to ingest everything decadently sweet and delicious.  And that stuff loves to linger where the backup beepers are needed (don't judge... you know you've always wanted to race shoppers with one of those electric carts in Wal-Mart).

Now of course, I'm not allowed to have sugars on my diet now.  There are certain fake sweeteners that I can have to get by those cravings, but I've not had real sugar like I use to in a long while.

Ooh!  When I'm done with this competition, I totally want some of those chocolate-dipped marshmallows, covered in M&Ms and other delicious candies from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.  OH!!  And one of those chocolaty, caramel cheesecakes from the Cheesecake Factory... or twelve, but who's counting?  And Takis!!  I want a bag of Fuego Takis... or again, twelve bags.

Now that was a squirrel moment.

How Do You Eat That?

People are always asking me how I eat the same types of foods all the time.  And they can't understand how I can eat fish and enjoy it.  My secret is finding different ways to cook it, and switching up the veggies/carbs/spices.  I use a lot of the Mrs. Dash salt-free stuff (all the different flavors), lots of pepper, no calorie flavored cooking sprays, and Mmmmmmmmmmmm...... salsa.

Now as a chick from Texas, I love salsa.  Literally love it.  I think every guy who has ever taken me on a date to a Mexican restaurant has probably regretted it... because I'm a chips and salsa compactor.  I mean seriously. 

So when my trainer said I could have salsa, I went Amanda-style and HAD SALSA (top pic below).  I mean, that seemed legit, right?  Well apparently, it isn't.  I send him that photo, all proud of myself for eating healthy, and he about passed out. 

 
After telling me I couldn't eat that much and had to do a teeny, tiny little bit, I sent him this pic of my next meal (bottom pic).  Hahaha. 
 
But seriously.  What I found was making my own salsa (or buying the HEB freshly made, no sugars added kind) and getting it extremely hot/spicy kept me from overdoing it, and kept the flavor incredibly yummy.  And since I can currently have ketchup, I'm using the Reduced Sugar kind.  And mustard is actually not half bad, but I'm saving that for the last bit of contest prep.
 

It All Counts

Apparently, even condiments.  I mean hey, I knew some of the obvious things going into this.  But there's still so much that I don't know and am learning along the way.  Bless my trainer and his wife, Paulette, for their patience with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment